The requirements of the Carbon EJB service are to provide:
- A means to simply and consistently lookup locally or remotely deployed Enterprise Java Beans
- An API that encourages the user to maintain the proper security context
- A mechanism to optionally cache EJB home interfaces
- All service methods throw the abstract package-levelized exception
- The EJB service logs trace-level message when the component is configured, an EJB lookup is performed, when it checks for the home interface in its internal cache and when a new home interface is added to the cache.
- The current implementation provides a single point of extensibility worth noting, specifically, the protected method
cacheHome. In both the case of the
RemoteHomeFactory, this method may be overridden to provide a more elaborate caching scheme, e.g. support for compound keys based on the EJBs logical name plus the security principal.